Tuesday, March 10, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 11 Progress Update on the Husband

With the completion of today Supportive Husband Guy and I have crossed the half way point in the 21 Day Fix. I thought it would be a good time to give you all a little update on the Supportive Husband Guy. While his trips were not intended to be part of this journey they add an interesting element.

I've been doing this by the book the whole time so far and you've already seen my results from 7 days of doing it according to plan. Supportive Husband Guy has had a few minor stumbles and a whole weekend away with a dozen preteen boys in the woods. While he took his own fruit and veggies and some other healthier snacks he was by no means doing the 21 Day Fix while he was away. He did however do a very good job of intentionally making healthier decisions than he could have and that is worth noticing. He paid attention to how far he walked using his iPhone but didn't do a dedicated workout over that weekend.

Full disclosure again because I know people believe before and after photos are manipulated. The only thing I did to these pictures was crop out Supportive Husband Guy's dresser and brighten the photos. My bedroom does not have great light. Supportive Husband Guy was not as meticulous about when he weighed himself. I know at one point before he left for the weekend his weight was lower than what I'm going to report as progress. He's been hoping on the scale much more than I am. Just like with my photos Supportive Husband Guy was neither sucking in nor slouching or pushing out in any of these pictures. They area man in front of his wife's camera just as he is.

Day 1.
Weight - 230 pounds


Day 11.
Weight - 225 pounds


Like with my 7 day pics it's the side by side comparisons that really show the differences. The pics from the side still show improvement even though he didn't do 21 Day Fix all the right ways. I think that is interesting. Even with unplanned life happening improving the food decisions we make and adding an intentional focus on working out even if it isn't every single day make a quick difference.
Supportive Husband Guy is in it with me this week. He does have another trip coming up before we are officially done which makes me so curious to see how this ends for him. I think he's got something to be proud of in that Day 11 photo. Like mine his posture is better and his stomach is smaller. It is progress and he should be proud of his progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk.