Thursday, March 12, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 12

This post is a day late. I didn't forget. I needed a night to relax with my husband. Yesterday was full and time with that man recharges me a bit. So, here is yesterday's overview.

I had an early morning meeting to attend. This meant Supportive Husband Guy was the parent on duty for the morning routine with the kids. It also meant he was awesome and helped me get out the door on time too. He made both mine and his Shakeology yesterday and he really beefed them up to fill our needs for a busy morning.


I took the Tropical Sunshine to my meeting in Manheim. I tend to be really hangry by the end of these meetings because they have donuts and OJ and I had no self control. I also used to just grab my coffee and run out the door to these things which did not help. This time I had my Shakeology with me and I was not even tempted by the donuts and mini cinnamon rolls. I had also prepped a bag of snacks that would get me through my day. 

I packed a cheese stick, blue. I also packed an apple, purple, and a quart sized bag of fresh cucumber slices, cauliflower and carrots slices. my veggie bag equalled 3 green for the day. My other snack I honestly was not sure which category to put it in and so I counted it as a red and a yellow. It was a chocolate chip Clif bar. I knew I was going to need more protein to balance myself out for the day and the Clif bar offered me a convenience food that I know is made with clean good ingredients even if it doesn't fit the 21 Day Fix approved boxes exactly. But that is an example of why I chose this program. I needed to reset my healthy habits. For me it is not about restricted eating but relearning healthy balanced eating.

Prior to yesterday Supportive Husband Guy had only had chocolate Shakeology. I was excited to see him choose to try a different flavor and create his own super Shakeology on his own. He said it was delicious and he was surprised that it was so delicious without being chocolate. He might be a small chocoholic. I'm looking forward to trying his Monster Berry Shakeology next week. I've been promised I will like it.

It was such a beautiful day outside that could not resist the chance to run. So I had a double work out yesterday. Full disclosure I will be having double workouts every other day for the remainder of our 21 Day Fix. I have a track team I need to keep up with and a half marathon this summer.

Today was lower fix. The exercise that I find the absolute hardest out of all the workouts is in this set. I am simple no good at it. I did not quit but boy oh boy I struggle with that inner thigh leg lift. Supportive Husband Guy rocks that move like a pro. Me, yeah, not so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk.