Sunday, March 8, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 9 Getting Stronger Everyday

Today's post is going to be a quick one. I had a busy but good day with emotional highs and a small mental battle. No one can cut you to the core without meaning to like your children. And, none can can fill your heart with pride and joy like those same children.  I had the opportunity to go see Celtic Women with my girls this afternoon. It was an incredible concert and my girls are becoming such amazing, witty and beautiful women. I truly enjoy going out with them and it was an afternoon I won't soon forget.

Today's 21 Day Fix eating and fitness efforts were not 100% . I didn't fall off the wagon but with so much going on I didn't follow the plan as much as I had been. My weakness today was really eating on schedule. Last week I was eating on a schedule that looked something like this.
7 or 8 am - Breakfast #1
10 am - snack/meal #2
12 noon - lunch/meal#3
3 pm - snack/meal #4
6/7pm  - dinner/meal #5
9pm - snack/meal#6
It is a good spacing that seems to work really well for me. My girls commented about how I had not gotten hangry at them last week. That is progress and I love love love not being hangry. Low blood sugar is not a pleasant place to function from. Today with church, Supportive husband Guy and the boy coming home and the concert It was a much more traditional 3 meal schedule but I did stick to proper portioning and healthy meals. 

Today's workout did not happen until 9 o'clock tonight. I am committed so I went upstairs and hit play. I have been doing yoga off and on since my son was 3 years old and yet I noticed today that I am getting stronger. I can Chaturonga into Up Dog now like I have never been able to do before. you should have seen the grin on my face when I realized this. With every workout every day I get stronger. The noticeable difference just encourages me the next day to do it all over again.

It will be nice to have Supportive Husband Guy back doing 21 Day Fix with me again tomorrow. I deep cleaned our livingroom this weekend so we can have some more space to workout together. Trying to find space in our bedroom was an exercise in creativity and coordination. We'll see if it's better when we take over the family TV tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk.