Thursday, March 5, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 6

After the mental funk of yesterday today was refreshing. I included some of the treats that are included in the program and surprised my husband with a small bag of chocolate covered raisins in his lunch. That's right, I said chocolate. 21 Day Fix isn't about being extremely food restrictive it's about resetting portions and making healthy decisions. We've been eating real food. Check it out.
That doesn't look like a "diet" snack and lunch does it? It isn't a tiny amount of food and it isn't anything weird. Okay, full disclosure here, there are hemp hearts on my salad and those crackers. . . Those crackers are gluten free whole grain and seed crackers. But, that's not weird for us. Our middle daughter has to eat gluten free to stay healthy and as a family we've found lots of foods that are gluten free that we like too. And hemp seeds we found because we can be a little on the hippy crunchy side of the spectrum. However, the 21 Day Fix does not require that. They could be any healthy whole grain cracker in the proper yellow cup portion. Hemp seeds could be replaced by sunflower seeds, those aren't weird, or shredded cheddar cheese if you have a blue cup available for the day. It's simple real food. 

On a side note can I point out that I did not intend to show the butt of my whole wheat bread but since it is showing let's celebrate together that I am eating the butt of the loaf of bread. I can be such a 7 year old at times when it comes to my food. I may or may not be known to save the butts of bread and give them to my 9 year old son who seems to think they are a special treat.

Our workout today is going to be snow shoveling. No. not really although I've read that shoveling snow for 30 minutes can burn approximately 250 calories. We are shoveling. Winter storm Thor has given us 6+ inches of snow and still counting but we will be doing the Pilates Fix tonight no matter what. I've never done anything that was actually called Pilates. Yoga, yes. Pilates, no. Curious to see how it goes.

Oh! I almost forgot to include my Shakeology recipe today. Supportive Husband Guy has found his preferred recipe. He likes to keep things simple. I'll share his next week if I have a chance before he runs out the door to work with his. I still haven't had a chance to fully try Chocolate. I will on Sunday when he's not home to use it. Anyway, today's Shakeology was an Orange Julius Shakeology. These things are my weakness at Dairy Queen. Not anymore!  I did add banana to it but forgot to include that in my recipe pic. Bananas are optional. I imagine it tastes just as yummy and more orange-y without it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk.