Friday, March 6, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 7 Going It Alone

Supportive Husband Guy and our son left today for a scout trip. This threw a little curve in our 21 Day Fix plan. Supportive Husband Guy did meals #1 through #4 on plan before he left. We made a relatively healthy plan for him while he was away for the weekend. We were realistic about the fact that they were going to be eating hot dogs and blue box mac n' cheese. To keep it easy the plan was just to supplement the camp food with veggies, snacks and clean protein options for him. Ultimately though it is important for him to have a good time with our son and the den over the weekend. He'll be back on the wagon with me on Sunday night. I was supposed to take progress pics of him today before he left but he had a conference call. As a teaser thought He did get on the scale yesterday. You'll be impressed with his numbers. I was.

I used the opportunity of the boys being away to play in the kitchen. I saw Supportive Husband Guy sighing and groaning every time a pizza commercial came on the T.V. this week. So, I ditched the planned meal for tonight and wanted to see if I could make a 21 Day Fix pizza. Success! It was so good. I'm not sure I really chewed. I am very excited to be able to add this to the menu for next week.

It's become tradition in our family to have Friday nights be homemade pizza and a movie. The girls watched Rio while I made our pizzas. I knew the 21 Day Fix pizza was going to be light on the cheese. That was the part I was most nervous about. To compensate for the minimal cheese compared to what we are used to on our pizza I loaded it with veggies and ham and put the cheese on last. Did I mention, YUM?

So, recipe. I'm sure you want it.  I promise I'll share it but you are going to have to wait. Hint, the pizza dough is made from scratch. It's not hard but I make the dough from years of habit and at the moment I can't think of how to share the method I use to make it. Just another example of continuing to recover from a concussion. 

Work out today was cardio fix. I loved it! It was my favorite so far and a nice follow up to my least favorite workout pilates fix. I'm not bashing pilates but I don't think its for me. I am sticking with the plan so I have a proper 21 Day Fix experience. Cardio fix was my first work out completely on my own and I rocked it. It was almost a good things Supportive Husband Guy was not home to do it with me because our current workout space would not have been big enough for both of us. We are not small people at give or take 6 feet tall each. Anything that has you put one leg stretched out behind you while reaching forward and twisting in the process takes a lot of room. I had to move the footstools to have enough room for me!

Tomorrow you get to see my before pics and the first progress update. I'm nervous and excited to share this with you. Nervous because what if there is not noticeable progress. While I'm not in this to lose weight I am just assuming I will lose some weight. Full disclosure I am 20 pounds from the weight I know is slim, strong and healthy for me. What if I weigh more? Excited because this is all such a new journey for me and I'm glad to bring you along for the ride. So, be gentle with me tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk.