Tuesday, March 3, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 4

I have a couple of jobs. Most of them I can do from home since it is important to us that a parent be available for our children growing up as much as possible. Having children entering the teen years does not change the importance of an available parent. However, for one of my jobs I need to leave the house occasionally. Today was one of those day.

I had some office hours to put in which meant I would have to cram in my 21 Day Fix workout with Supportive Husband Guy between getting the kids out the door for school and getting myself out the door for work. It was tight and I was a little late but thankfully I do set my own hours. It's one of the perks of this odd life we've chosen.

 I have to say that the Upper Fix is the hardest workout we've done yet in this program. Now, that doesn't mean it was "Oh. My. Word. I canNOT do this!" hard. Nope. It was just more challenging for me than the others. I did more modification with the Upper Fix workout than I have done since we did Insanity together a few years ago. What it did show me is that I really need to give my upper body more attention in my fitness efforts. I'm a runner. I like to cycle and mountain bike and hike. All those things are leg intensive. All my arms really do is balance me so I don't fall over. That's going to change.



 Meal plan was interesting today because my schedule had me leaving before Supportive Husband Guy which meant he had to prep his own food for his night at work. I basically showed him the menu I made and how to use the colored portion cups that represent the food groups and left him to it. He had to handle meals #3, #4 and #5 on his own. I don't know if he packed meal #6 or not. I wasn't home. He's a big boy and can figure it out himself. It also meant that I had to pack my lunch for work. Pretty easy for me since I usually pack a simple lunch. However, I am really bad at actually stopping my projects to eat the food I pack. Today I made myself stop and eat the turkey sandwich, cottage cheese, and carrots I packed.

I also took my Shakeology with me today. I know I said I was nervous about Shakeology having heard mixed reviews but I've tried two flavors now and I can say honestly that I like it. I really liked today's shake. I used strawberry Shakeology, added a banana and exchanged one of my yellow portions for a cup of milk to add to my Shakeology. Yum! It reminded me of the strawberry milk my grandmother would make for us when we'd visit as a child. It was gone before I was ready for it to be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk.