Sunday, March 1, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 2


Day one of our 21 Day Fix seemed to go well. I could not eat all the food I had planned. There was still one purple left at the end of the day. Purple represents fruit. I didn't eat the orange I had scheduled for meal #2. I thought I'd get back to it as the day went on but I just was not hungry. How often can you say that when you are doing a "diet?"

Supportive Husband Guy did not feel well yesterday. He even came home from work early because of how ill he felt. That is very unusual. In spite of his illness he went along with the plan. I said I'd share the good and the bad so here we go. I made a mistake when I told him what the after dinner snack was while we were watching Maze Runner as a family. It was supposed to be a sliced apple with peanut butter but I told him it was popcorn. We usually have stove top popcorn using one of these things during family movie night so I gave him my default answer and didn't think about it. The result was Supportive Husband Guy had an extra yellow yesterday. He also salted stuff. A lot. But, it's his choice and progress is progress. Not eating an entire big bowl of popcorn himself is progress.

The work out yesterday was the Dirty 30. I did not know what to expect and I loved it. The incorporation of weights was new for me. I really liked that there were modifications shown for people who might not be ready to go as hard Autumn. I only had to do one modification which was exciting. And it was the only time I said, "Aw, Heeeeel No!" That was encouraging. I think I said that every other exercise when we did Insanity a few years ago. I was really struggling with the low side plank with a leg lift. Since Supportive Husband Guy was sick he didn't do the workout with me but he did watch so he knows what is coming next Saturday. He's feeling better this morning so I'll have my workout buddy tonight for the Yoga Fix workout.

Day 2 started with Shakeology. I've really hear mixed reviews on Shakeology. Some love it and others can't swallow it no matter what. That made me apprehensive going into breakfast. The good news is I like it. I kept it simple today. I had a vanilla Shakeology packet made with ice, coffee and a dash of cinnamon. It's a nice treat without actually being a treat. Supportive Husband Guy had a Chocolate Shakeology with ice and coffee. I'll let you know what he thinks. He took his to work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk.