Saturday, February 28, 2015

Fixing My Focus on Spring - 21 Day Fix - Day1

Hello Change!


Today Supportive Husband Guy and I start The 21 Day Fix. This is part of the changes coming for me. I needed something to get me back on track. Seriously, trying to do it on my own was not working. I could hear Netflix and take out Chinese food whispering to me. I was powerless to their siren calls. I've looked into re-boot, refresh, eating plan things before and it has always been tempting to modify them, quit early or give them a hyper critical eye to find their flaws. Not this time. I am all-in. I want to see what 21 Days of healthy clean eating and exercise can do for my body. I have a partner in this 3 week challenge which will help and I have support from some friends who've done it and seen long lasting results.

The 21 Day Fix is more than a healthy eating plan. It has workouts paired with it too. I've been struggling this winter to work out. The arctic temps and weekly snowfall has stopped me from wanting to go out of the warm house more than required. I would hibernate till April if it was humanly possible and socially acceptable. I let a friend borrow another at home fitness program and I'm kind of bored with the hybrid style yoga DVD I have so a new routine was ever so welcomed. I'll be finding out tonight if I like the workouts. Supportive Husband guy will be doing a work out called the Dirty 30 tonight. I do not know what to expect but I know that I have it within me to try something new for 30 minutes on a Saturday night.

So, why am I focusing on Spring? Day 21 is the first day of Spring. Spring brings promise of new things, good stuff coming and I want to be in a place where I can embrace it. I want the energy to up and mountain bike with Supportive Husband Guy, lead training by example with my track team and play tag with my kids at the park. Remember, that I had a head injury early last summer. These are all things that as a result of that impact have been a mental effort. I'm ready to get back to the life I like to live.

I'll be posting daily to share our experience. Yes, I'll be including our mistakes and missteps as well as our successes. I'm committed to doing this right.

In case you are thinking "Oh, she's just doing a fad diet plan." My breakfast didn't look like a fad diet plan. I actually ate more food than usual for breakfast this morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk.