Saturday, March 14, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 15 Progress Update

I am less surprised this week. The pics from last week to this week were much more like what I expected between day one and day 7. However, there are some things that the photos can't tell you.

I know people think that before and after progress pics are tricks. Articles like this one among others like it have helped plant the seed of skepticism toward weight loss and increased fitness.  I am not using any trick in my photos. I take them at roughly the same time of day in the same clothes. These are my most fitted clothes. You are not likely to see a bikini shot from me or any other photo that purposefully exposes more of me than general athletic wear will show you. These pics are each taken 7 days apart not 15 minutes and there are no super special weight loss pills involved. This is diet and exercise. It does not include crazy starvation methods and super strange hippie foods either. I am not sucking in, pushing out, slouching or anything else that would intentionally manipulate the photos. They are me in my workout clothes after having a morning cup of coffee and washing my face. 

Day 1.     Weight - 170 pounds     BMI - 24.4

Day 7.     Weight - 163 pounds     BMI - 23.4

Day 14.   Weight - 160 pounds    BMI - 23.0



As you can tell there is not as drastic of a difference between day seven and day 14. That  is what I expected. What you cannot tell from the photos is that I am stronger. I am 3 pounds lighter and I can talk through a workout which I can tell annoys Supportive Husband Guy a little bit. Previously there was a lot more huffing and puffing and grunting and maybe a little whining too. My overall flexibility has increased as well which should help reduce injuries as I go deeper into training half marathon training. I have been sleeping better and wake easier in the morning. It doesn't take more an entire over-sized cup of coffee to be functional, friendly and coherent. I still enjoy my morning coffee but I don't need it like I did a month ago. The other day I didn't even finish my cup.

The other thing you can't see from these photos is how my everyday clothing fits. I went to put on a pair of dress pants for work the other day and had a moment of surprise. They previously were a slightly snug fit but functional. This time they were loose. My shirt fit nicer on my arms and a pair of pants that just came out of the drier didn't have to stretch back out to be comfortable.

I'm looking forward to finishing up this last week and making plans for what we'll be doing next. the progress and positive effects eating well and working out regularly has had on my life the past two weeks cannot be ignored. I deserve to feel good. My family deserves a mom and a wife who can be her best for them and God gave me a body that can do amazing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk.