Thursday, March 19, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 19 Modeling Health

Only two days left! 

I have found that this week I do not need to reference my weekly menu anymore to know what I can eat for a snack or to pack for lunch. I can think about what I had already that day and simply make a choice based on what is left in the color groups that I should eat. I also discovered that I can take a small serving of chocolate covered raisins enjoy them and not open the bag again. This is significant progress. Previously I would have my serving 5 minutes later go back for a second or even worse just take the whole bag with my in the first place. Self control and portion awareness are being reestablished in a way that is natural for me. I love that.
I had a fresh faced workout partner for the Lower Fix workout. He was a champ. He had no quit in him and wanted more of a challenge about half way through. He also knew his limits and when to take it back a notch for safety. Awesome. It is so important to know your personal limits when trying something new. He had a fantastic positive attitude about it too encouraging me and offering up compliments. After one of the exercises he groaned, "Oh my butt!" but that was the only complaint the entire time. When we were finished he said to me, 
"That was fun! Are you planning on doing Insanity when you're done The 21 Day Fix? If you are I think I want to try it with you."
That might have just influenced me to start Insanity next week. This boy's willingness to volunteer to workout with me and ask to do it again because it was fun is part of why I do this. Yes, it's good for me. I am fighting genetics with this lifestyle I'm chasing down but I'm also modeling healthy living for these 3 people who will be adults someday too soon. I don't want them to fall prey to the idea that fitness is too hard and healthy eating is tasteless. I want more for them than video games and fast food. There is so much to be experienced in life that cannot be fully experienced without a certain level of health and fitness.

My workout partner wrapped up our Lower Fix with a sliced apple and some chocolate PB dip. It's protein packed, low sugar and delicious. If a 9 year old tells you it is good you can trust that it is good.

Chocolate PB Dip
makes 2 servings
1 TBSP natural peanut butter
2 tsp cocoa powder
2 TBSP plain greek yogurt or for a smoother thinner dip use plain standard yogurt
Mix together in a small bowl & enjoy!

Two workouts are left. Two days of intentional eating. Two!


1 comment:

  1. I'm coming to the end of my second week of 21DF. And it's great to have a workout buddy who is inspiring, especially one with such a sweet smile!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk.