Sunday, May 24, 2015

30 Days of Fitness & Food on Social Media

This is a season of transition for me. There are good changes in the works but the balancing of all the responsibilities is making it quite challenging to live up to the standard of excellence I desire for my life. Typically I would be okay with just surviving for a season but so much of the past year has been about surviving. I will no longer be content to just survive through more change. How is that modeling a positive healthy life to my children? How is that inspiring my friends to live fully? Those last two questions have been really sticking with me and my default response to just survive through the season of change is unacceptable. I have to find a way to live up to my personal standards of honoring my God, modeling a positive healthy life to my children and inspiring my friends to embrace a full beautiful life.
We have all seen the memes about people who post pics of their food on Instagram all the time and the gym selfies on Twitter. It's easy to laugh at but social media is a powerful tool that can be utilized to create personal accountability. And for every person who find the picture of your breakfast annoying there are more who will like it and possibly think, "hmm. . . I should make that." For every sweaty selfie you post you have the potential to make someone say "Maybe I'll go for a walk today."
For the next 30 days while I thrive instead of survive this season of transition I will be posting my meals, snacks, drinks and workouts on social media. Before you roll your eyes too hard you should know a few things. This is real life. You are not going to get perfectly plated gourmet meals that no one in their right mind has time to cook on a Tuesday night. You are not going to get a perfectly poised and paint brushed pic of me pre or post-workout. No. This is real life. What you will see are breakfasts that get you out the door. You will see lunches that are packed and eaten at a desk crowded with papers, a laptop and an iPhone. You will see Dinners where the pots and pans on sitting dirty in the background because if I have to clean the pans before I get to eat my dinner will go cold. You will see workouts where my furniture has to get moved to make room for my long frame in our crowded small house. You will see sweaty pics of me looking proud and tired after long runs and hard workouts because I do not glisten, sparkle or shine when I am working out. I sweat and I work hard for every drop of that sweat that drips off my brow and soaks through my shirt. This is real life. I'd love to have some of you join me over the next 30 days. Use the hashtag #CatchExcellence on Twitter or Instagram and I will find you. I will like, favorite, comment and re-tweet that stuff because people making positive life choices is the good stuff. I'd love to have you follow along too. Who knows, in the process you might get a few fitness tips, easy healthy recipes or a few laughs because life is messy and sometimes you just have to laugh. Together, let's Catch Excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk.